From: Tom Miller [tmil...@hnncsb.org]
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2012 6:52 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: KMS at non-server sites?

Hi Folks,

I have a number of sites with 2-5 PCs/laptops.  The devices were originally
imaged and used our internal KMS server.  They are beginning to fail to
check-in to the licensing server.

These sites are all connected via a VPN appliance (SOHO firewall to corp
firewall).   The only traffic traversed the VPN is from the copier, for
automatic notifications and messages to the SMTP server here.

These remote machines are not in the domain.  Is there a best practice for
activation renewal?  Modify local host file?  Public DNS entry for the KMS
server?  Convert to MAK?  I see a number of suggestions on the web and am
looking for what works for you.

Thanks,
Tom

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including attachments, is for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and
privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or
message.

or send an email to