From: Tom Miller [mailto:tmil...@hnncsb.org]
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2012 3:17 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: File replication over slow WAN Link

If this is Windows how about DFS?  I use it for centralized backups.
Tom Miller
Engineer, Hampton-Newport News Community Services Board

>>> Shawn Everett <sh...@tandac.com> 9/28/2012 3:41:46 AM >>>
Hi All,

I'm looking for suggestions on how to replicate a large amount of data
over a slow WAN link.  Replication would occur during non peak hours
(after 9PM) and would be a two way replication.

The amount of data to compare would be about 6GB and would be required
to sync over a <1mb/s wan link.  I can pre-seed the data so only the
changed files are replicated.

We just need to replicate flat files, nothing more complex.

Thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated.

Shawn

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including attachments, is for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and
privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or
message.

----------------------
For more information about Lewis and Roca LLP, please go to
www.lewisandroca.com.

Phoenix (602)262-5311                           Reno (775)823-2900
Tucson (520)622-2090                            Albuquerque (505)764-5400
Las Vegas (702)949-8200                     Silicon Valley (650)391-1380

which it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to
distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying
to the sender of this E-Mail by return E-Mail or by telephone.
  In accordance with Internal Revenue Service Circular 230, we advise you that
if this email contains any tax advice, such tax advice was not intended or
written to be used, and it cannot be used, by any taxpayer for the purpose of
avoiding penalties that may be imposed on the taxpayer