From:   Matt Plahtinsky <cbusitl...@gmail.com>
To:     "NT System Admin Issues" <ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
Date:   10/03/2012 09:16 PM
Subject:        DFS Server 2008 Greyed out

Getting ready to setup a multiple site DFS file shares.  The domain was
just recently upgraded from SBS 2003 to Server 2008 R2.  The network is
made up of 3 sites with each having 1 dc and 1 file server.  The domain
functional level is at Server 2008 R2.

When creating the DFS Name Space the check box "Enable Windows Server 2008
Mode" is greyed out. After a few hours of searching the web I have not
found out how to get the DFS level to 2008.

My only guess is that at some point the old SBS 2003 (has
been decommissioned) box had DFS enabled and somewhere the new file
servers still see or have record of the old server and will not allow me
to implement the new 2008 mode.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Matt

This message, and any attachments to it, may contain information
that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination,
distribution, copying, or communication of this message is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the
message and any attachments.  Thank you.

<<image/jpeg>>