From: Jon D [mailto:rekcahp...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2012 9:44 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Starting an IT consulting shop -- Going out on your own?

I know some people here have made the jump and others I'm sure have
thought about it.

Anyone have thoughts/advise/wisdom in regards to leaving a full-time gig
to start your own IT consulting company?

I was thinking about targeting small businesses (<100 users).

Offering several things like:

- All Networking - All major server install/upgrade/support - All
switches/routers/etc support

- End user desktop support/upgrades

- On-call support options

Has anyone tried it and decided it was a bad idea?

Anyone who's doing it who loves it?

Anyone have thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Jon