I would say that BYOD is going to creep up to the top of the list sooner
than laters for the following reasons.

1)      Lack of security specifications and hardening on users devices.
( Android and IOS have many flaws some we are just finding out about)
(Just look at jailbreakme.com.

2)      Security solutions like ( Mobile-Iron and others) will help
mitigate but not totally reduce issues with endpoint devices to an
acceptable level.

3)      Again these BYOD devices, are more likely and easily stolen or
misplaced as compared to corporate devices ( laptop) these days ( abiet,
yes laptops are still getting stolen, but usually they are fully
encrypted, so going to be hard to get any information of value off them
for a while, note: I didn't say impossible)

Edward E. Ziots, CISSP, Security +, Network +

Security Engineer

Lifespan Organization

ezi...@lifespan.org