From:   Richard McClary <richard.mccl...@aspca.org>
To:     "NT System Admin Issues" <ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
Date:   11/09/2012 10:41 AM
Subject:        SSH (PuTTY) session from Windows2008R2

Greetings!

We use PuTTY for SSH sessions to manage various devices.  An issue has
recently been discovered by us here…

We have no problem logging in to our Cisco Catalyst 3750 switch stack via
SSH from machines running Windows XP, Windows 7, or Windows 2003. However,
if we are logged into a Windows 2008R2 system…

Using PuTTY, we connect to the switch stack and get a login box.  After
providing user name and password, we are denied access.

Using telnet (MS version enabled in the “Features” page of Control
Panel/Applications), we can log in with no problem.

My preliminary Google searches seem to indicate that although SSH clients
and servers are not a part of Windows 2008, it is supported.  So far,
nothing regarding this inability to log in to other systems using SSH.
Again, this is weird as a telnet session from the same Windows 2008
machine gives access.

Anyone???  Thanks!!!
--
Richard D. McClary
Jr Infrastructure Architect, Information Technology Group

The information contained in this e-mail, and any attachments hereto, is
from The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals®
(ASPCA®) and is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and
may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are
not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution, copying or use of the contents of this
e-mail, and any attachments hereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify me by reply email
and permanently delete the original and any copy of this e-mail and any
printout thereof.

This message, and any attachments to it, may contain information
that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination,
distribution, copying, or communication of this message is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the
message and any attachments.  Thank you.

<<image/jpeg>>