Show off :-)

  _____

From: James Rankin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, February 04, 2008 4:57 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: need to remove "everyone" group from the ACL of a long list of
folders

cacls d:\home\testfolder /t /e /c /r  "Everyone"

The /t traverses all subdirectories
The /e edits instead of replaces
The /c continues on access denied
The /r removes (as opposed to /g for grant)

On 04/02/2008, Matthew McComas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I've tried to use xcacls.vbs with this command string on a test folder, but
instead of just removing the "Everyone" group from the ACL, it removes all
groups and users from the ACL:

cscript xcacls.vbs d:\home\testfolder /r "Everyone"

Basically what I'm trying to do via a script is remove the "Everyone" group
from the ACL of about 1000 folders.  I just need the correct command/syntax
to build the script and run with it.

Any tips would be great.

Thanks,

MM