Does anyone else have a script that detects the virus definition version
on your SEP clients? I've had one in place for a few years now, was using
the following 2 Reg keys:

"HKLM\Software\Symantec\SharedDefs\NAVCORP_70"
"HKLM\Software\Symantec\SharedDefs\DEFWATCH_10"

Recently had the SEP client updated to 12.1 and it no longer uses those
keys,  it now uses (for 64-bit):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint
Protection\AV\UsingPattern

Which is in Hex. I've found a PowerShell script that does the conversion,

http://powershell.cz/2011/03/30/virus-definition-file-version-in-registry/

But my script runs locally on each machine and uses VBScript since not all
machines have PowerShell in our environment.

Was wondering if anyone has modified their VBScript  to do the conversion,
and if so would be willing to share? I could write this, but if someone
has it done, it will save me significant time.

Thanks,

Christopher Bodnar
Enterprise Architect I, Corporate Office of Technology:Enterprise
Architecture and Engineering Services
Tel 610-807-6459
3900 Burgess Place, Bethlehem, PA 18017
christopher_bod...@glic.com

The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America

www.guardianlife.com

This message, and any attachments to it, may contain information
that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination,
distribution, copying, or communication of this message is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the
message and any attachments.  Thank you.

<<image/jpeg>>