From: Shawn Everett [mailto:sh...@tandac.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2012 1:41 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Phantom Exchange Server

Hi All,

Strange problem for you...

I've inherited a client who is experiencing general weirdness with their SBS
2011 server.  Internal email delivery issues, problems adding items to
calendars and other strange events.

Running the Exchange 2010 Best Practices tool shows that Exchange thinks the
old server is still in the picture.  Talking to the client, the old server is
long gone, and no longer even physically exists.

It seems that someone attempted to do a migration from SBS 2003 to
SBS2011 and didn't complete it entirely.

I'm really not sure how to go about resolving this.  I suspect cleaning this up
would go a long way to improving things.

Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

Shawn