I have not had good luck mapping drives with DFS in Win 7, fwiw. Very sporadic.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Lum [mailto:david....@nwea.org]
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2012 8:13 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Heads up: MS12-081 KB2758857 issue - Update

Update: KB2758857 appears to only effect a DFS folder redirects to a drive
mapping I have via GPO on my Win7 systems. My desktop and start menu are
redirected to the DFS share and at startup I get a "cannot connect to
\\DFS\file\share". Talking to my storage team, it may be an issue with our DFS
implementation but I won't know more on that until tomorrow.

* RDP in unaffected
* Uninstalling the KB restores access to the DFS share
* Access to non-DFS shares are unaffected
* Windows XP is unaffected
* DFS file share type is "Domain (Windows 2000 server mode)"

I'm guessing that last bullet is the culprit, but cannot confirm at this time.

Dave