From: David Lum [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 7:49 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Gigabit on the cheap

Slightly OT, but only a little. At home I have a network where my two 2K3
servers are on desktop hardware. I am using the integrated 10/100 NIC's and
a cheap 10/100 switch.

I'm going to move to gigabit and all I need is 5-8port gigabit switch. Going
to my favorite place to shop for such stuff (pricewatch.com) I can find all
manners of inexpensive gigabit switches. Are any of those cheap (<$75)
switches any better than the other? I see some brands I don't recognize and
I also see the usual Linksys, Netgear, SMC and 3Com stuff. For under $100 I
even see some refurbished heavier duty stuff

Comments?

Dave Lum  - Systems Engineer
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - (971)-222-1025
"When you step on the brakes your life is in your foot's hands"