We (not me personally) use something called Activebatch quite extensively here.
http://www.advsyscon.com/products/activebatch/job-scheduling.asp

Dave

From: Adam Meixler [mailto:ad...@interlink1.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2013 10:33 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Enterprise task scheduler

Happy New Year everyone!

I was hoping to get The Lists opinion on a good, un-bloated enterprise task
scheduler. Right now we have about a thousand tasks scattered across different
servers using the windows scheduled task service and it's just not doing it for
us.

It'd be nice if jobs could be pushed down to workers as they were available vs.
being scheduled on specific instances, but we at least want a central control
of these jobs.

We're open to any ideas that don't involve CA

Thanks all

or send an email to