I have deployed on two sites Zen Load Balancer. http://www.zenloadbalancer.org/
- they have been in place about three months with no problems reported.
It is open source, and took me less than an hour to implement. I put them in to
VMWARE so the biggest headache was getting the VMWARE tools installed as I am
not a Linux person by any means. As with many open source projects, you can get
commercial support if you wish.
It isn't as feature rich as Kemp's etc, but it is doing the job for those two
sites where I had no budget to work with and didn't want to use WNLB.
Blog posting on that is being written at the moment.

If you want something more substantial, then I will echo the other posts and
look at the Kemp. I have their virtual load balancers deployed in a number of
locations and they just sit there and do the job.

Simon.

--
Simon Butler
MVP: Exchange, MCSE

e: si...@sembee.co.uk
w: http://www.sembee.co.uk/
w: http://exchange.sembee.info/
w: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/

Need cheap certificates for Exchange, compatible with the iPhone?
http://CertificatesForExchange.com/<http://certificatesforexchange.com/> for
certificates from just $29.99.
Need a domain for your certificate?
http://DomainsForExchange.net/<http://domainsforexchange.net/>