I had no port 80 hits originating from my web filter.

________________________________
From: Richard Stovall [mailto:rich...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 4:33 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Speaking of Barracuda...

Thanks for having a look at it.

The activity is pretty frequent, actually.  The latest capture has about 30
gets to non-Barracuda sites in a few hours, all of which are embedded in
inbound spam messages.

My suspicion is that it is something along the lines you describe, but I can't
find anything in the config documents that explicitly states it will pull down
content.  The fact the technician hadn't heard of this is a little strange, too.

The closest thing I can find is in the description of "Multi-Level Intent
Analysis" which is:

Multi-Level Intent Analysis - Set to Yes to inspect the results of Web queries
to URIs of well-known free Web sites for redirections to known spammer sites.

However, does www.nicejordans23.com<http://www.nicejordans23.com> sound like a
"well-known" free website?  Or amazing.chloalt.us<http://amazing.chloalt.us>?

Maybe I'll get some more info when this e-mail comes in and hits the filter.
Perhaps those URLs will trigger the activity.

Richard

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 5:14 PM, N Parr