From: Reimer, Mark [mailto:mark.rei...@prairie.edu]
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2013 4:00 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: 2 TB disk size possible problem

I have a raid 5 "disk" that is just under 2 TB. The server (Dell 2950) in front
is Windows 2003 R2, 64 Bit. The raid unit is in a Dell MD1000 with 5 500GB
disks. In Windows, it's listed as a Basic disk, with MBR Partition style.

I did some Googling with conflicting answers on whether I can make it bigger
and how. I think the bottom line is: I can make it bigger, but I have to
reformat it as a GPT Partition (of course, saving all the data before the
format, and restoring afterward).

Is my research/thinking correct, or is there another option?

Thanks for all help/pointers/tips.

Mark Reimer, A+, MCSA
Servers & Network Administrator
Prairie Bible Institute