I feel your pain. We have a legacy app from a company that has gone out of
business. We have to keep it for reporting to the State. Java 6 only. We set up
a couple separate machines and firewalled them to only hit that app and a
printer.

From: Webster [mailto:webs...@carlwebster.com]
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2013 8:14 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Java

Unfortunately, Citrix built most of their older management consoles on Java.
Java 6 is still required for most versions of XenApp.  If you install Java 7,
the installer complains that Java 6 was not found and then no install.  The
installer looks for Java 6 U 14 but works even if U39 is installed.  But those
version of XenApp that require Java 6 are all EOS/EOM/EOL so Citrix will not do
anything to fix their consoles even though those products will be used for
years to come.  There are people who still use the former versions of XenApp
(Metaframe, MetaFrame XP and Presentation Server) that require NT4 and W2K.

Thanks

Webster

From: Kennedy, Jim [mailto:kennedy...@elyriaschools.org]

Yes, the big holes that everyone was talking about are fixed. There are still
some there though. But as you say later in the thread. 6 is dead Jim, time to
move on. It is the lesser of evils now.

From: Heaton, Joseph@Wildlife [mailto:joseph.hea...@wildlife.ca.gov]

Lol.... Very true.  I was asking more along the lines of the last big 0 Day
vulnerability.  I want to be able to go back to my developers and ask them to
work on making the newest technology work with our internal apps.