I'm not familiar with Smart Sync, so can't comment on that. But can you
reproduce the problem outside of that software? For example do you see the
same slowness if you use RoboCopy or DFSR?

Take a look at this post:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverfiles/thread/e55022a4-db65-4dc9-a2f1-96b7f5d8e2fa

Even though you aren't using DFSR, it might give you some ideas.
Specifically I'd look at the TCP off-load value . That might help.

Christopher Bodnar
Enterprise Architect I, Corporate Office of Technology:Enterprise
Architecture and Engineering Services
Tel 610-807-6459
3900 Burgess Place, Bethlehem, PA 18017
christopher_bod...@glic.com

The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America

www.guardianlife.com