On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 2:56 PM, Michael Leone <oozerd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am unsure what I am doing wrong. I want a list of all my user
> accounts, and I want the contents of the "MemberOf" property, among
> other things.
>
> Get-QADuser -SizeLimit 0 | Select
> givenName,LastName,DisplayName,mail,ParentContainer,SAMAccountName,homeDirectory,AccountIsDisabled,MemberOf,NestedMemberOf,AllMemberOf
>
> I sort this, and export to CSV. When I import the CSV into Excel, the
> "MemberOf", "NestedMemberOf" and "AllMemberOf" are showing as
> "System.String[]".
>
> What am I doing wrong? I want that "MemberOf" to actually list what
> groups the user is a member of.

So here is where I am. I am trying to output into an Excel spreadsheet:

$AllUsers = Get-QADUser -SizeLimit 0 LeoneM | Select
givenName,LastName,DisplayName,description,mail,ParentContainer,SAMAccountName,homeDirectory,AccountIsDisabled,MemberOf,NestedMemberOf,AllMemberOf
| sort AccountIsDisabled,LastName,FirstName

ForEach ($User in $AllUsers)
{

$Cells.Item($CurrentRow, $CurrentCol) = $User.displayName
$CurrentCol++

$ListOfGroups = Get-QADMemberOf $User.sAMAccountName
$Cells.Item($CurrentRow, $CurrentCol) = $ListOfGroups

Write-Host $User.displayName $ListOfGroups

$CurrentRow++
$CurrentCol = 1
}

And my $ListOfGroups writes out on my screen, but does NOT get written
into the spreadsheet.

What's that about?