That's exactly what I thought - I just couldn't think of a reason why
Lync would be different than any other application.

So, right now there are in effect two interior connections, which also
seems problematic.

I think I'll start the process of setting up the second NIC in the
DMZ, giving it the DG, and setting the routes up manually for the NIC
on the server subnet.

That seems the cleanest way to me.

Thanks,

Kurt