Server 2012 Standard comes with TWO VM instances, not four. You're thinking
of Server 2008 R2 Enterprise.

Art

From: David Lum [mailto:david....@nwea.org]
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2013 9:27 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Virtualization in small office

I VM even in single-server environments. If you have a SMB with SQL and are
buying Server 2012, you're licensed for four VM's, so you can divorce SQL
from the DC .If you have the resources (RAM, disk), I'd run the DC, SQL, and
file/print each on different VM's. Or at minimum divorce the DC from
everything else, since you can get away with small RAM/HDD requirements on a
DC in a SMB.

Dave