Get a cert from a public CA.  Far less hassle and they are very inexpensive.

Why do you want to separate the web front end?

James.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Leone [mailto:oozerd...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, 21 March 2013 4:40 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Advice on setting up a Win2012 RDS environment - Progress!

SO I am making progress! I had already installed the RDS as a role, but that
didn't configure the deployment. So I went to Server Manager, clicked on
RDS, and clicked on Deploy. It then went into what seemed like an install of
RDS as a service (which had failed before). This time, however, the deploy
step went through without error. I rebooted at the end, and after I logged
back in, I was able to install an app (Notepad++), and then I was able to
add it to a Quick Session Collection, publish it as a RemoteApp, and I was
able to access it remotely.

w00t!

Definite progress. So now I need to make my own collection, add an app to
it. Then investigate how to use a separate web server front end for it (to
separate the RDS hosts from the web access).

And probably give it our self-signed internal certificate, to stop it
complaining about untrusted publishers of the app.

So I am definitely further along than I was.