On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 11:37 AM, Crawford, Scott <crawfo...@evangel.edu> wrote:

> Cool.
>

> Has me wondering if amateurs could tune in to the broadcasts from Voyager.
> Also, I’m not sure how much instruction it receives, but it seems like there
> could be some interesting hacking opportunities. How secure could 35 year old
> technology be?

Also, where are you gonna find 35 year old documentation, to figure
out where and how you can exploit it? :-) These days, the data stream
is probably encrypted, and maybe has some sort of authentication
handshake first. There may be something similar back then - you
wouldn't want the Russians to break in and jam your signals or
whatever, even back then.