From: Kurt Buff [mailto:kurt.b...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2013 5:59 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Excel 2010 problem - can't quite figure it out

Gentles,

I'm pretty sure I've narrowed this down, but can't quite find the remedy...

Excel 2010 only - not the rest of the suite. Win7 Enterprise.

User can open and manipulate spreadsheets, save them, whatever. User can create
a blank new Excel document on the desktop, and use that with no problems.

However, the user cannot open Excel with a blank document, enter
data/formulas/whatever, and then either do a save or a save as.

No dialog box pops up - just.... Nothing. The only way to get out of the
spreadsheet is to close the fresh document and no save changes.

Annoying, but not critical, of course.

It's limited to the profile on this machine - I can log in as another user and
have no problems with it.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Office, with a reboot in between, and let the
machine patch itself from WSUS - same behavior before and after patching.

I've deleted all of the temp files I can find, and the files/directories under
her AppData Office and Excel directories, to no avail.

So, I'm thinking it's something in the registry, but I can't sniff it out.

Google was being obstinate today, too.

Anyone run into this scenario?

Thanks,

Kurt