We mostly rely on our appliance (IronPort) to catch them, but we do have a
special rule that quarantines any password-protected ZIP files (because the
appliance can't inspect those).

From: David Lum [mailto:david....@nwea.org]
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2013 10:51 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: .ZIP file e-mail attachments

Do any of you guys still allow this? I ask because at %formerjob% they were
blocked, but %dayjob% allows them, and last week and today we've received
infected .ZIP files. Last week was another autorun outbreak, today we caught it
before anyone actually ran it. We keep getting latest and greatest variants
"First seen by VirusTotal 2013-04-09 09:51:15 UTC (4 hours, 58 minutes ago)".
Grr...
David Lum
Sr. Systems Engineer // NWEATM
Office 503.548.5229 // Cell (voice/text) 503.267.9764

or send an email to