On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 5:23 AM, James Rankin <kz2...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> http://www.brianmadden.com/blogs/brianmadden/archive/2013/04/15/rethinking-network-security-all-your-on-premises-wifi-users-are-actually-quot-remote-quot-users.aspx
>
> --
> James Rankin
> Technical Consultant (ACA, CCA, MCTS)
> http://appsensebigot.blogspot.co.uk

Yeah - he's wrong.

----------Begin Quote----------
"I can never allow non-trusted devices on the corporate network"

You need to redefine your definition of "corporate network." Your
corporate network is the tight boundary that's around your servers or
whatever else you're actually trying to protect. There's no point to
protecting your entire user-land network. Just make it "the internet"
and move on.

When I can keep all of the IP and other confidential data to the
company off of  end user devices (and by this I mean "not stored to
local non-volatile storage, encrypted or not"), I can consider that.

In the meantime, the boundary extends well beyond my servers.

Kurt