On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 11:49 AM, Kurt Buff <kurt.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for a very useful writeup - I'm going to be going through a
> similar process in the near future.
>
> I just have to locate the Dell-ized version of 5.1, and get the time to do it.

Yeah, from all the horror stories on the VMware forums, I was really
worried. And when it all just worked, I was surprised at how smoothly
it went. (my boss told me I really shouldn't be shocked at success
LOL)

At some point I will need to upgrade my HP Insight Manager plugin for
vCenter, and the Emulex plugin, but honestly I hardly ever use those
plugins, so I'm not too worried.

I've download the HP customized 5.1 images (all my ESXi hosts are HP
Proliant DL570s, or a BL460c blade). Next step is upgrading the ESXi
host by pushing it out using Update Manager, which I have done before,
to go from 4.1 to 5.0 ...