Enter feedback on the technet pages.

From: Christopher Bodnar [mailto:christopher_bod...@glic.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 8:52 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Volume Activation with Windows Server 2012

Not really a question here, just curious if others found themselves confused as
I did with this.

So I setup our KMS infrastructure here when we began testing Windows Server
2008, so I'm fairly familiar with Volume Activation 2.0 . We are just in the
planning stages of looking at 2012 and I wanted to get everything in order to
test. So I ask our licensing guy to go and get me the Group C KMS key for 2012.
He tells me there isn't one. There is just a 2012 key. So I start looking for
the documentation on this, thinking that there would be some kind of update to
Volume Activation ..... like 2.1, to accommodate for the change. And when you
start looking, everything points back to the 2.0 information. Until I finally
found this:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj134256.aspx

Which tells me what I needed to know. But the fact that all the other MS
documentation on Volume Activation hasn't been updated with this information,
is a little confusing to say the least.

Anyone else run into this?
Christopher Bodnar
Enterprise Architect I, Corporate Office of Technology:Enterprise Architecture
and Engineering Services

Tel 610-807-6459
3900 Burgess Place, Bethlehem, PA 18017
christopher_bod...@glic.com<mailto:>

[cid:image001.jpg@01CE3B4B.BEF730E0]

The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America

www.guardianlife.com<http://www.guardianlife.com/>

----------------------------------------- This message, and any attachments to
it, may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution,
copying, or communication of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by return
e-mail and delete the message and any attachments. Thank you.

or send an email to

<<inline: image001.jpg>>