Were the SP's installed in the correct order. And were all the relevent SP's
installed?

From: Oliver Marshall [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2008 4:52 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: PPTP connections and lack of ping

I've got a problem with an SBS box here. It's been setup for VPN access
for a while, but mysteriously seems to have stopped working for vpn
clients. I have a feeling this is down to SP2 being installed a month or
so ago, but I can't be sure and it's just a guess.

I can connect to the box from my vista machine, and my machine is
assigned an IP address from the DHCP pool on the server as well as a DNS
address of the SBS box itself. However the laptop isn't assigned a
gateway address. While connected to the VPN I can't do a thing, not even
ping the servers internal IP (comes up 'request timed out').

I can't see anywhere in Vista to manually set a gateway address. I also
know that other vista and mac users are having the same thing happen
(connected but not able to anything).

Anyone know what might be up ? Could it be an SP2 issue ?

Olly