Anyone heard of Meru networks?  I saw them at a trade show a couple
weeks ago and was impressed.  I was planning on using HP's WESM module
and RP's until I saw these Meru contraptions.

-----Original Message-----
From: Art DeKneef [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2008 9:54 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Wireless Network

I've done a couple of networks that started that way. And grew with more
applications as time went by.

1. This is one of those YMMV questions. I have found that 20 - 25 PC's
per AP to be good. This is due to both distance and the amount of
wireless traffic. I would use two APs.

2. All my multiple AP setups have each AP plugged into a switch and have
the same SSID.

3. Different channels with same SSID.

4. You will be glad you went with Cisco. All business environments get a
Cisco. Except for the very small offices. You will appreciate those
bells and whistles as you will need to make changes as time goes on.
None of my wireless projects has maintained the same scope as originally
planned. They always want more.

5. I don't know. Do not have any sites with multiple Linksys APs.

Art