I tried using the IP address in an UNC path as shown below to a shared
folder and this did not work.

-----Original Message-----
From: Howard J Coates [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2008 2:47 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: crossover cable between 2 boxes to transfer files

Use the IP address in the UNC path? i.e. \\172.16.0.10\Share

Warmest regards

Howard Coates - Director

IT, Internet & Networking Support Services
126 Main Street, Lower Largo, Fife, KY8 6BP, U.K.
Tel: 01333 329118  Mob: 07957 435549
Skype ID: howardcoates
www: www.coatesconsulting.co.uk
Registered In Scotland No. 171227
Registered Address: 19 East London Street, Edinburgh EH7 4ZD
VAT Registration Number: 682 8131 23