Should have added, there are no scheduled tasks either…

  _____

From: Rankin, James R [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 13 March 2008 11:59
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Confusing server issue

Here’s a confusing one – I have a virtual server running Windows 2003 that
shuts itself down every time I log in. It will boot in safe mode or
diagnostic mode without any issues, yet whenever I log on in normal mode, it
shuts down. The shutdown in the event log shows as “Legacy API shutdown” and
comes from NT Authority. The UPS service is stopped, and there are no
patches pending or trying to install. The startup in msconfig shows nothing
strange. Anyone have any ideas why this might be happening? Google appears
not to be my friend for this issue…

TIA,

JR