Ara,

Try staging to disk with multiple streams and then moving to tape.
That'll shorten your backup window and won't require additional tape
hardware and will provide you with faster backups.

A word of caution. My existing BUE environment doesn't dupe to tape well
so I would test in your environment first for reliability. This is why
I'm moving away from BUE.

- Jer