From: Ken Schaefer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: ADFIND tool

That said, I think Visio 2002 Enterprise Architect edition did this.

When I was at TechEd 2006 I got to talk to the guy who was in charge of the
old Visio product that did the complete network discovery.   He said the
coding to do the discovery was immensely complex, had be rewritten from
scratch in C++ then the Vision group got merged into the Office group and
all the source code was lost.  No one had a backup of it so they started
over.  He said that is why the newer Visio versions are not as good as that
one old version.  He left the team and most of the original coders left the
team after that fiasco.

I still have my copy of the version of Visio cuz I am one of the, probably,
few people who popped the $500 to add the enterprise features.

Webster