From: Bob Fronk [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2008 4:04 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Vista 64bit and Cisco VPN

>From reading this list and other articles, I know that the Cisco VPN client
does not work on Vista 64bit.

I thought I saw something that said SSL VPN is supported, however, I cannot
get SSL VPN to work on Vista 64bit.  (I have made sure the concentrator and
SSL VPN works with other platforms such as XP and it does)

I found the below on a Cisco FAQ.  So my question is, does anyone know of a
way to VPN to a Cisco Concentrator 3005 from Vista 64bit?  (Not pptp please)

Q. SSL VPN Client fails to launch on Windows Vista with Internet Explorer 7,
and the user gets the Installer is downloading Active x....Installer was not
able to start SSL VPN client.... error message.

A. Cause:

The error appears because the SSL VPN Client (SVC) fails to initiate a
connection.

This happens because of ActiveX install/download problems on Windows Vista
with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7. Windows Vista is shipped with Internet
Explorer 7, which has an entirely new model that deals with ActiveX. Aside
from the differences in ActiveX, the networking stack has been rewritten,
and the routing table is different. There are a few other quirks that can
affect the client, as well.

Resolution:

SVC is not compatible with or supported on Windows Vista with the Internet
Explorer 7 browser as of now.

The workaround is to use supported platforms, such as Windows XP, with
Internet Explorer 7.

This email and any attached files are confidential and intended solely for
the intended recipient(s). If you are not the named recipient you should not
read, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions expressed
in this email are those of the author and do not represent those of the
Davis H. Elliot Company . Warning: Although precautions have been taken to
make sure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept
responsibility for any loss or damage that arise from the use of this email
or attachments.