  From: Joe Heaton
  To: NT System Admin Issues
  Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2008 6:17 PM
  Subject: DB server RAID

  What's the "industry standard" setup for RAID on a database server?  I have a
Dell PE2950, with 6 146GB SAS drives, which I believe have come from the
factory in a RAID5.  Was just wondering if I should redo the RAID into a RAID10
situation, which I understand has the best I/O performance.  The databases will
be SQL, although I believe we'd also be moving an old Foxpro database over.

  Joe Heaton
  AISA
  Employment Training Panel
  1100 J Street, 4th Floor