Nice. I had to turn off eset just to download the file. at least it's
catching it there.

From: Sam Cayze [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2008 11:10 hrs
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: USB usage protocols

Eicar is an AntiVirus test sting...
http://www.eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm

It should be used heavily before AV deployments to test scanning and
reporting behaviors.  More importantly on servers, to make sure exclusions
are setup properly.  It's actually just a string of characters.  Putting it
in a txt file, and changing the extension to .bat, .mdb, .com, .doc, etc to
test your scanners.

For instance, put the sting in your SQL Data folder, and change the
extension to .MDB     If the AV ever catches it, when, you can be assured
you AV is scanning your SQL files, ouch.

In your case, change it to a bat, throw it on the USB, and try to run it.
Does NOD catch it?   If so, you've got an exclusion somewhere that lets BAT
run.   Yikes.

-Sam