From: Jesse Rink [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2008 8:58 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: expanding RAID array and logical drive IN the array

I have an ML350 G3 server with 5 internal drives (array #1 is (2) drives
with RAID1, array #2 is (3) drives with RAID5).   I have just added a
6th drive to the server and gone into the HP ACU to extend array #2 from
3 physical drives to 4 physical drives.  The array #2 was extended,
however, it didn't extend the logical drive IN the array.  Instead, it
just shows the old logical drive (144GB), and (72GB) of free space in
the array.  I want to take that 72GB of free space in the array and
extend the current (144GB) logical drive in that array to 216GB.

Can this be done?  Or do I have to just delete the 144GB logical drive
in the array and recreate a new one that uses the maximum space (216GB)?
I would think there's a way to extend the logical drive IN the array.

JR