On 7 Apr 2008 at 11:22, Jon D  wrote:

> I'm searching the internet and can't find a distinction between
> "Systems Engineer", "Systems Administrator", and "Network
> Administrator".
> Is there a definite difference between these job titles? Or are they
> simply 3 names for the same job?

Well, it depends on the state / jurisdiction.  For example, in Arizona you
can't call yourself an "Engineer" without a Registered Professional Engineer
(PE) from the state of Arizona.  A former employer of mine ran afoul of that
law when he wanted to call his company "Zonge Engineering and Research
Organization" (ZERO) -- after someone complained to the state, he ended up
paying an annual consulting fee to a registered PE to satisfy the law.  Seems
to CNEs (Certified Novell Engineers) and MCSEs ran into the same legal problem
in Arizona back then as well.

--
Angus Scott-Fleming
GeoApps, Tucson, Arizona