From: Jesse Rink [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, April 07, 2008 12:13 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: ntbackup failures

FWIW, I also ran into the same problem with Delayed Writes backing up to a
USB drive with NTBackup.  In fact, the delayed write errors got so bad, it
corrupted my active directory on the server and I had to demote and promote
it to get it working again.

What's odd as I have two identical servers (hardware specs) - both are
backed up to a USB drive.  Only one server has the delayed write errors
everytime I do backups.  It's odd.

The server is an older ML350 G3 model with a crappy 532 RAID controller
(32mb) with no write cache whatsoever.

JR