To: "NT System Admin Issues" <ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2008 3:48 PM
Subject: Delayed Write Error while using ntbackup with USB drives in 2003 server

Hi,

I'm using ntbackup successfully in a 250 Gb WD
external USB unit.

I bought a 750 Seagate drive and enclosure to be able
to keep more backups. However I get a delayed writer
error, although the backups seems to be fine (I can
open it). I fear that although it looks good the
backups are not being good so I don't want still to
swap drives.

I found this article that summarizes exactly what I'm
facing:

http://www.computing.net/windows2003/wwwboard/forum/7323.html

I'd have to buy a SATA PCI card to test with
diskwizard from Seagate the unit, since those tests
doesn't work through USB but before I wanted to make
sure it wasn't somehow OS or ntbackup related.

Should I just get a different brand or is something I
can do in the OS level?

Thanks,

Miguel

¿Con Mascota por primera vez? Sé un mejor Amigo. Entra en Yahoo! Respuestas http://es.answers.yahoo.com/info/welcome