We just terminated our contract and will be saving about 1500.00 a month. We
are now on the same page as others and will just replace as needed.

Robert

  _____

From: David Mazzaccaro [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2008 7:33 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: printer maintenance contracts?

I was wondering how many people subscribe to a printer maintenance contract?

We have never done this, and are now being presented w/ a proposal to put
all our laser printers under a 3 year contract for toner, maintenance and
labor for a monthly fee.

Traditionally, if a laser printer craps out, we would just toss it and buy a
replacement.

This company is trying to tell us they can "save" us money by putting the
printers under a contract that basically comes out to $.02/page.

But if we look at strictly toner costs alone, the monthly maintenance charge
is more than we are spending now on just toner.

IIRC, the extra money we would be paying per month for maintenance could
just as easily be used to purchase a new printer about every 2 months.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions welcome.

Thx