I have an XP sp2 system that nothing shows in the ADD and Remove Programs
I says Please wait while the list is being populated.
I've run a Virusscan it's clean.
I've compared the registry settings and registered the files from this KB
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;266668

I've tried a restore to an earlier point, except no one knows when the list
became corrupted.
I've run chkdsk, no errors.
I've tried reinstalling IE6 (system has not had IE7 installed yet).

The machine is on a factory tool, so I'm leary of running an upgrade
install for fear of what might get lost.

Any suggestions?
TIA

.
.
Why didn't George Washington's father punish him for chopping down the
Cherry Tree?

George still had the ax.
.