Yeah, I'd second that... if the server has a PERC4 in it as opposed to the
newer RAID cards it's got to be a 7th or 8th generation Dell, and has
either 0 or 1 USB2 port available. If I remember correctly the Perc4/DC
has two external SCSI 320 ports, so you could plug in an external device
and do backups via those ports. If you want to stick with a removeable
drive you could always get a network-attached drive (Buffalo has a few
GigE NAS devices) and even that would be faster than USB1...

Jeff

"Greg Olson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
04/16/2008 07:24 PM
Please respond to
"NT System Admin Issues" <ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>

"NT System Admin Issues" <ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
cc

Subject
RE: Backup Miracle

You said your backup up to a USB 2.0 drive, but are you sure the server
has USB 2.0 ports? Many servers do not, and you may be using it in 1.0
compatibility mode, which sounds about right based on your backup times.