Yes, I would shut down.  If the thermostat on the wall says 89, your
equipment is much hotter.  I can almost guarantee you will have equipment
problems ... and heat related issues can take a while to manifest
themselves.

Or at least shut down as much as possible and get some thing to extract the
generated heat.