What about this...

Turn on the Virtual Machine with the Windows XP CD in the drive or
mounted.
Boot from your Windows XP CD.
Let it go thru the "Setup is Inspecting..." stage, the "Welcome to Setup"
(choose Enter to Setup Windows Now), then F8 to accept the licensing
agreement.
Choose the Repair Option.  Choose which (if more than 1) installation. Let
it run until it asks to reboot.
Do NOT choose the option to ?press any key to boot from CD? again.
Pay attention to the lower left hand part of the screen.  When it says
?INSTALLING DEVICES?, press Shift ? F10.   It?ll bring up a command
console.
At the prompt, type in NUSRMGR.CPL and press Enter. You?ll be able to
change any passwords.
Continue with the repair. New passwords will be in effect.

"Andy Shook" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
04/29/2008 01:50 PM
Please respond to
"NT System Admin Issues" <ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>

"NT System Admin Issues" <ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
cc

Subject
remote reset of local admin password

Scenario?

Virtual XP Pro box on my ESX 3.5 cluster has had computer account deleted
by a junior admin, whose arse I have already kicked.  No problem, pull it
our of the domain and re add, right.  Yeah, well the local administrator
password is not listed in my documentation.  (My fault; did not do it at
time of P2V b\c this dude was getting fired and I was in pucker mode
trying to lock out a high end developer out of everything rather
quickly?/end rant)

Soooo..I can?t log in.  Ok, boot machine to my ultimate boot cd and local
admin password reset utility.  But, utility can?t find the SAM b\c it
can?t read the vmware virtual scsi drive.  OK, mount the floppy image with
the VMWare XP Pro driver for the scsi disk.  No go; utilty is looking for
a specific directory (/floppy/scsi). Tried creating /scsi directory on
floppy image and coping driver into same, no go.

Been piddling with this for a while and I can?t get the driver loaded. Any
pointers/ideas before I throw my mouse into the wall?

TIA,

Shook