Is it Friday yet?

On 4/30/08 12:50 PM, "Micheal Espinola Jr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Allow me to break it down for you (if you really do need it being broke)
>
> lolz = lols
>
> lols = a unneccessary pluralization of lol
>
> lol = laugh out loud

> The z adds leet-speak flavor
>
> leet = elite
>
> elite = a self-described elevated status of hackers, phreakers, and
> warez d00ds (dudes) starting back in the 80's to distinguish
> themselves from the lesser types, as well as add confusion to public
> communications.  The online chatter of the "elite" became more crytpic
> as the community solidified, and caused a sensation for various
> character replacements in thier text-based communications.
>
> e.g.:
>
> d00d = dude
> teh sux0rs = that sucks
>

> The most modern-day equivelent of the social development of leet-speak
> that I can think of is that totally odd-ball "lolcats" way of
> typing/talking - intentionally as if you were semi-illiterate.
>
> I hope that helped more than hurt!

It only hurts if you actually try to read ICHC past the pretty pictures...

> On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 3:07 PM, Andy Shook
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>

>> I did and that's the page I got, with it providing no help...
>>

>> Spinoff of 'lol', internet slang for laughing out loud. What the 'z' stands
>> for, God only knows.
>>

>> So there.
>>

>> Shook

-----
Salvador Manzo  [ 620 W. 35th St - Los Angeles, CA 90089  e. [EMAIL PROTECTED] ]
Auxiliary Services IT, Datacenter
University of Southern California
818-612-5112
The injury which may possibly be done by defeating a few good laws, will be
amply compensated by the advantage of preventing a number of bad ones. --
Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 73 on the veto power