From: Chyka, Robert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2008 8:41 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Pri Question...

Hi All,

I have a quick PRI question. At one of our remote sites we have (2)
Verizon PRIs for our Cisco Call Manager VOIP phone system.  It was a new
service build for Verizon (no oold circuits, fiber in the building etc.)
and they have had some issues where both PRIs have gone down for 2, 10,
24, and even 48 hours a couple times so far due to equipment failure.
Is there any way to have a backup from another vendor to take over if
these PRIs go down again?  Or is there a way to forward that site's
calls over to our main site and start receiving calls there?  We have a
50mbit mpls circuit between the 2 sites.  It has happened during
registration season and now they are worried it could happen again and
we could lose business for those days it might go down.  It has been
stable for 6 months now and Verizon says everything is finally ok but
the higher ups don't trust it and registration is coming again so they
want to put in some failover.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.  I don't think we can go with
another carrier for failover because all our numbers are ported  on the
Verizon PRIs.  Just looking for some ideas..  Thanks..