I've got a server that is constantly reporting 80-99% disk usage every day.
I setup a Trace log for Disk input/output and a Counter Log  looking at the
Physical Disk totals of % Disk and Idle time, Avg. Queue length, then the
same for each of the spindles.  I've got a good set of etl and blg files.  I
used tracerpt to create the CSV dumpfile and workload text files, but relog
won't work on the blg files.  It keeps telling me: "Error: The specified
record was not found in the log file."

Plus I can't make hide nor hair of what I'm suppose to be looking for in the
CSV file.

How do I take these files and get some sort of sense as to why this server
feels the need to spend all it's time accessing the hard drive?

Regards,

Jim Majorowicz, MCP

Sr. Network Engineer

Whitsell Computer Services

(503) 297-8440x12

www.whitsell.com

We can support you no matter where you are.  Ask me for details.