you could also use the ADMT to migrate, I would not recommend just pulling the
SBS server

----- Original Message ----
From: Phil Brutsche <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: NT System Admin Issues <ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 8, 2008 3:41:10 PM
Subject: Re: Removing SBS2003.

It goes something like that... except that the SBS2003 server won't let
any other machine hold the FSMO roles. You need to "violently" rip
SBS2003 out and tell the 2003 DC to seize the roles.

The procedure would go something like this:

1) Bring up 2003 machine
2) Add 2003 machine to SBS2003 domain as an additional domain controller
3) Let the DCs sync
4) Pull the plug on the SBS2003 server
5) Tell the 2003 DC to seize the roles

--