From: Kevin Edwards [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 14 May 2008 5:26 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: certificate renewals on a box with multiple certificates

Hi All

We have ISA2006 publishing owa and Symantec Enterprise Vault. On the ISA server
I looked via the MMC and there's 2 certs ev.blah.com and owa.blah.com both from
thawte.

Same thing on our two exchange 2003 front end servers. What I'd like to do is
generate a renewal request for the ev.blah.com certificate. But if I run the
wizard from the default website level I don't get a renewal option which is
what I want.

If I run it with the 'assign a certificate' box checked it does show both
certificates there. If I try on a subsite the 'server certificate' button is
greyed out.

I suppose I could export the cert via the MMC - import it into another server
that doesn't have any cert and do the renewal from there - but that's not
exactly convenient.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.